1. pepperstreet
  2. Aspasia
  3. Friday, 01 July 2016
Hello, the Aspasia Quickstart with 3rd-party extensions seem to suffer on the well-known "disappearing effect". Most likely a conflict through loaded Mootools...

Short error description:
Affected elements have ToolTips. Either through a certain CSS CLASS name or DATA-TOGGLE attribute.
After hover or click they are hidden. They get a property of display:none

For instance check the following site areas:

  • HikaShop product Tabs (after click!)
  • Blog articles and their article-info area (username, category)
  • Contact forms (field labels)
  • Search results (search button)
  • etc.


I guess, this applies to all HELIX3 based templates. Not only Aspasia.
Attachments (4)
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
... The CSS is not helping. ... Mootools is included in Gavick news pro gk5


It can depend on the elements and class names. To my knowledge, Helix3 makes use of the attribute "data-toggle"... Please, inspect your browser page-source to be sure.

To fix it, you might use very specific classes to target certain areas only ...
or you might try the following common, generic CSS rule:


*[data-toggle='tooltip'], .hasTooltip {
display: inline-block !important;
}


Hope this helps.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # Permalink
Responses (20)
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi,

Thanks for your query. I would request to you that, Please share your url with us. Besides you can implement below forum post solution.

https://www.joomshaper.com/forums/aspasia-sticky-menu-does-not-function

Note: Maximum time it occurred for javascript conflict problem.

-Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Toufiq wrote:
Besides you can implement below forum post solution.


Thanks for pointing me to that topic/issue. Compared and replaced the main.js file, but there is no difference. Actually both files had the same contents, except for a different comment wording and 2 empty lines. My main.js file was from latest Aspasia Quickstart (Template v.1.1)

I think I have updated all files! Even Acymailing 5.5, PageBuilder 1.3, no more update notifications show up.

Funnily I have the same JS files loaded, that you have loaded on your Demo site!? (see screenshot)
The online Demo runs smooth, no hidden elements. But my local Quickstart has issues.
Attachments (2)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
pepperstreet wrote:

Toufiq wrote:
Besides you can implement below forum post solution.


Thanks for pointing me to that topic/issue. Compared and replaced the main.js file, but there is no difference. Actually both files had the same contents, except for a different comment wording and 2 empty lines. My main.js file was from latest Aspasia Quickstart (Template v.1.1)

I think I have updated all files! Even Acymailing 5.5, PageBuilder 1.3, no more update notifications show up.

Funnily I have the same JS files loaded, that you have loaded on your Demo site!? (see screenshot)
The online Demo runs smooth, no hidden elements. But my local Quickstart has issues.


Hi, Thanks for your reply. Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please. Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Toufiq wrote:
Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please.


See attachment. As far as I can see, no difference. Used "BBEdit" for comparison.

URL is not possible, yet. I just have installed the Quickstart and Updates on my local machine.
Currently not so important, just for personal interest and some previous forum support for another user.
Attachments (2)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 4
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
pepperstreet wrote:

Toufiq wrote:
Could you send me your main.js zip file & site url please.


See attachment. As far as I can see, no difference. Used "BBEdit" for comparison.

URL is not possible, yet. I just have installed the Quickstart and Updates on my local machine.
Currently not so important, just for personal interest and some previous forum support for another user.


Hi, Thanks for your reply & your kind information. I will let you know as soon as possible. Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 5
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi, I'm using Newedge Template and get a property of display:none too.

On, Quickstart Pack it work perfectly but when install on fresh install with no content on joomla 3.6.4 it get display:none property.

For Example:

Social Share On Article

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_1_zpsttt0pauc.png

and mouse over on button

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info2_zpsytvza2v6.png

the result button disappear

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_3_zpsktnujydx.png
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 6
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
MOD wrote:

Hi, I'm using Newedge Template and get a property of display:none too.

On, Quickstart Pack it work perfectly but when install on fresh install with no content on joomla 3.6.4 it get display:none property.

For Example:

Social Share On Article

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_1_zpsttt0pauc.png

and mouse over on button

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info2_zpsytvza2v6.png

the result button disappear

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg205/nightnight_2007/Shapper/error_social_share_article_info_3_zpsktnujydx.png


Hi, Please share your url of site. Let me check. I will let you know asap. Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 7
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Please use:
.hasTooltip.modal_link.cboxElement, .hasTooltip {
display: inline !important;
}



It should help for disappearing objects !
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 8
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 9
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
MOD wrote:

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)


Hi,

Thanks for your query. Please send me your administrator info via pm.

-Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 10
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Toufiq wrote:

MOD wrote:

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, It's not working for me. I'll send link for access my website in the morning. :)


Hi,

Thanks for your query. Please send me your administrator info via pm.

-Thanks


I'm send Username & Password via PM. Thanks you:)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 11
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Thanks you Toufiq for support.

I've same problem with pepperstreet. In my case, I'm using "Top of the Page" plugin from JED and get element display:none when enable mootools libray.

I'm switch to jquery option and problem gone but plugin stop working too.

Now. I'm disable this plugin and continue my project.

Thanks you everyone for all support. :) :) :)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 12
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
MOD wrote:

Thanks you Toufiq for support.

I've same problem with pepperstreet. In my case, I'm using "Top of the Page" plugin from JED and get element display:none when enable mootools libray.

I'm switch to jquery option and problem gone but plugin stop working too.

Now. I'm disable this plugin and continue my project.

Thanks you everyone for all support. :) :) :)


Hi, Thanks for your reply & you are most welcome. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 13
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
I hope one day all Joomla! extension developers would remove from their products JS libraries which are "old" , not supported like mootools etc.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 14
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi guys. Im facing this problem aswell.
The CSS is not helping.

Mootools is included in Gavick news pro gk5
Attachments (1)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 15
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Thanks that worked.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 16
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
@welrachid In Joomla 4.0 there is no Mootools anymore, what would do?
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 17
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation

@welrachid In Joomla 4.0 there is no Mootools anymore, what would do?

Hi Paul.
From what i can see they already do have jQuery enabled, i've just not set it to work jquery because of problems with old template (convalis)
So once this site can go live, i will start testing for jquery only on the site, so we can be ready for the next version of Joomla.
Just sidenote: We are swtiching to Helix3 with existing content, so we need the site to be as smooth as possible. After that we will work on upgrading the dependencies.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 18
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Ok, I just informed.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Aspasia
  3. # 19


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!


This forum is archived

This forum has been archived. Please use JoomShaper official support system.